Cinema Dei Piccoli


Address: Viale della Pineta, 15
Zone: Quartiere Pinciano (Roma centro)
Villa Borghese


Telephone: 06 8553485
Mobile phone: 329 3707923 (Informazioni e prenotazioni scuole)

Opening times

For the timetable of the events and the access conditions, please contact directly the structure.


» Sala 1


The Children's Cinema began its career as a children's cinema in April 1934, with comedy and cartoons on the programme. A couple of years later a wooden silhouette with a large Mickey Mouse equipped with a camera was placed on the roof of the cinema and the words TOPOLINO'S HOUSE were added to the CINEMA DEI PICCOLI sign. Disney warned the owner not to use the name of the famous mouse and the sign was removed. The sign with the image of Mickey Mouse remained on the cinema until the early 1970s, however, and the name was imprinted in the memory of Roman spectators who, as children in those days, still call it "Cinema Mickey Mouse".

The cinema was closed during the war, but after the war it began to operate at full capacity, frequented by a varied and enthusiastic public.

After a period of crisis that began with the closure of the villa to the public in the 1970s, the structure was completely renovated in 1991. In 2005, a request was made to enter the Guinness Book of Records: after extensive evaluations of the size of the structure and its activity as a cinema open daily to a paying audience with 35 mm film projections, Guinnes World Records Ltd awarded the Dei Piccoli the record for the "smallest cinema building in the world".

Last checked: 2023-05-04 15:39
Data source: Computime Srl
©2007 - Roma Classic version