Museo dei Camilliani

Typology: Religious Museum


Address: Piazza della Maddalena, 53
Zone: Rione S. Eustachio (Senato-Corso Rinascimento) (Roma centro)
presso la Chiesa di Santa Maria Maddalena in Campo Marzio


Opening times

For the opening times and guidelines please check the official website.


Modalità di partecipazione: Free admission


Located inside the General House of the Camillians, at the Church of Santa Maria Maddalena in Campo Marzio in Rome, the museum was expanded and renovated on the occasion of the opening of the Jubilee Year of the Fourth Centenary of the death of St. Camillus de Lellis.

The museum houses precious historical and artistic artifacts relating to the Patron Saint of the Infirm, such as the precious Relic of his Heart, which is now located inside the Cubiculum, the place where the Saint himself died on July 14, 1614; in addition, prestigious documents, ancient manuscripts and objects of common use of the Order of the Ministers of the Infirm.

The Museum can also be accessed through the splendid Church of Santa Maria Maddalena, inside which it is possible to be accompanied by an audio guide in 5 languages (Italian, English, German, Spanish, Portuguese and French). The Church, heart of the Camillian order, a masterpiece of Roman rococo, houses the Crucifix that spoke to St. Camillus.

See also

Culture and leisure › Historic places of worship › Catholic Churches
Last checked: 2021-07-12 14:10
©2007 - Roma Classic version